Did you know that Career & Technical Education (CTE)
improves high school dropout rates?
· In 2013, Utah high schools graduated 81% of their students.
· In 2013, the Utah high school dropout rate decreased by 3%.
· Students who take 2 CTE courses are least likely to drop out of high school. 
· Students who participate in Work-Based Learning activities such as internships, job shadowing, field studies, and career fairs are 30% less likely to drop out of high school.
· A combination of 60% academic courses and 40% Career and Technical Education courses is the most effective dropout prevention program in the American high school. 
· Teens who have good high school work experiences are more likely to be inspired to stay in school, graduate, and adopt ambitious goals. 
 NRC Stone, 2003
 Plank, NCRVE, 2002
 Harvard Graduate School of Education
Pathways to Prosperity Project, 2011.